What is a Focus Group?
The importance of a focus group
A focus group or a consumers group is an interview technique, it consists of a group composed of specific people (recruited according to specific criteria) concerned by the launching or development of a product, service or concept.
The goal is to obtain information relative to participants’ opinions, attitudes and experiences on the study’s topic.
Hence, it’s a rapid inquiry method to determine the market’s potential and consumers’ reaction. The focus group allows companies that wish to develop or test their products, services at every level (components, conditioning, packaging, communication…) collecting consumers’ opinion and expectations!
Line of businesses
Consumers groups concerns every industrial sector, such as:
- The medical industry
- Nutrition and Food
- Household products/hygiene
- Finance & insurance
- Consumer goods
In addition, market research studies sometimes use computer based tools for investigation methods. In this specific case, we setup the used software and tools in our interview rooms.
Focus Group Results
Results of a focus group are:
- The collection of the recruited participants’ perceptions.
- The explanation of social behaviors in relation to the study’s topic and corrections and improvements to be made should any problem arise.
- Facilitating participants’ implication in order to get their point of view.
- Giving the possibility for companies to improve their projects and sometimes abandon or rethink them according to the expectations expressed during the groups